As a coalition that convenes over one hundred members, the NCCRT’s strategic plan aims to provide a blueprint for the nation in achieving our 80% by 2018 goal. The 80% by 2018 Strategic Plan identifies four objectives intended to reduce colorectal cancer incidence and mortality in the United States:
- Move consumers to action
- Activate providers, payers and employers to support screening
- Increase access and remove barriers to screening
- Evaluate our efforts and maintain momentum
The 80% by 2018 Strategic Plan provides a practical and action oriented plan for achieving our shared goal and was developed after seeking input from dozens of NCCRT member organizations and over 100 individual leaders and stakeholders.
Further, the NCCRT continually updates the 80% by 2018 Strategic Plan by hosting special topic meetings throughout the year, during which we convene internal and external experts to conduct in depth discussions of emerging issues and map out longer term solutions for addressing gaps and needs.
Sample NCCRT Special Topic Strategic Planning Meetings:
- Cancer Center Summit: A Strategic Look at Cancer Centers and Colorectal Cancer Screening – October 2, 2017
- Cost Modeling from the Local Perspective – September 18, 2017 (agenda)
- 80% Colorectal Screening Rate by 2018: Evaluation and Measurement – September 29, 2016 (agenda)
- Colorectal Cancer Screening in Community Health Centers: Improving Links of Care – Next Steps and Lessons Learned – September 13, 2016 (agenda)
- Increasing Colorectal Cancer Screening for American Indians and Alaska Natives – April 25, 2016 (agenda)
- 80% by 2018 Strategy Meeting: Working with Hospitals to Improve Screening Delivery – September 25, 2015
- Use of Electronic Health Records to Facilitate Colorectal Cancer Screening in Community Health Centers – September 24, 2015 (agenda)
- Increasing Access and Removing Barriers to Achieve 80% Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate by 2018 (Policy Action Task Group) – June 22, 2015
- 80% Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate by 2018: Evaluation Measurement – November 19, 2014
- Systems Change: Use providers, payers and employers to support screening and achieve 80% colorectal cancer screening rate by 2018 (Professional Education and Practice Task Group) – July 30, 2014
- Moving Consumers to Action to Achieve 80% Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate by 2018 (Public Awareness & Social Media Task Group) – July 17, 2014
- 80% by 2018 Strategic Mapping Session – June 10, 2014
- Summit On Increasing Colorectal Cancer Screening In Community Health Centers – June 13, 2011
In addition to our own internal strategic planning process, the NCCRT also recognizes the importance of assisting key stakeholders, collaborators, and cross-sectored partners in their own strategic planning. The NCCRT toolkits and resources may provide guidance and technical assistance to help inform other national, state, and local strategic planning efforts.