Save the date!
What: NCCRT’s Annual Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month Webcast
When: Thursday, March 5th at 2:00 PM ET
We hope you’ll join us on Thursday, March 5th for a live webcast featuring Dr. Richard Wender, NCCRT Chair and Chief Cancer Control Officer of the American Cancer Society, and other special guests, to mark the 2nd year of the 80% in Every Community campaign. We’ll look back on our shared successes, hear the latest state of the field updates that inform our work, and hear from the winners of the 2020 80% in Every Community National Achievement Awards. Plus, you once again have the opportunity to participate by submitting a video that showcases what you are doing to improve colorectal cancer screening in your community! See below for more on this opportunity.
For now, please save the date and sign up for updates by pre-registering with the link below. We’ll share registration and more information in the coming weeks. Watch parties are also encouraged!
This webcast is open to NCCRT members, 80% Pledge partners, CDC grantees, ACS staff, and other partners working to increase colorectal cancer screening rates.
We hope you will be able to join us!
Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month Short Video Opportunity
Do you have a story to tell about how you’re working to increase colorectal cancer screening rates to 80% and higher in your community? If so, we hope you’ll share it with us in a short :30 second video!
Some of the videos will be shared during our annual Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month webcast on March 5th. Others will be shared on our social media channels throughout March. The deadline to share videos to be considered for the live broadcast is February 19th, but we’re collecting videos through February 28th to share throughout March. Read on to learn how to participate!
- Share who you/your organization are and where you are located.
- Quickly describe your organization and the community you serve (consider including notable disparities in colorectal cancer incidence, mortality, screening, or other barriers).
- Briefly describe what you are doing to increase screening and the accomplishments you’re most proud of.
- Include a statement about your commitment to reaching 80% and higher colorectal cancer screening rates in your community.
- Please do not mention the March 5th event and broadcast to keep the content evergreen, but please do share excitement about participating in 80% in Every Community.
- Please assume you are speaking to a lay audience.
- Survivor and caregiver messages are welcome, too! Consider briefly describing your personal connection to colorectal cancer and why you are working to achieve the 80% goal.
- Looking for inspiration? Here’s an example of a video submitted by Unity Health Care for the March 2019 webcast. You can find additional great examples from March 2019 on the NCCRT YouTube channel.
- Please shoot in landscape mode, not portrait and save as an MP4 or MOV file.
- Amateur and iPhone videos are welcome!
- Looking for inspiration? Consider the following video background ideas:
- Shoot the video in a community or clinic setting (outside a clinic building, inside a clinic)
- Show a map in the background of your state/city/community
- Show a collage of rotating photos with voiceover
How to Submit:
- Please upload your video file to the Google Drive folder AND send an email to Emily.Butler@cancer.org with your name and contact info so that we can reach out to you with any questions.
- The deadline to share videos to be considered for the live broadcast is February 19th, but we’re collecting videos through February 28th to share throughout March.
Thank you for considering this opportunity! We can’t wait to see your submissions!