Register Now: Field Strategies to Increase CRC Screening and Promote CRC Health Equity in Communities Across the US
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Time: 3:00-4:00 PM ET
Jumpstart the new year with fresh ideas and strategies by learning from three community-facing health systems that are utilizing various tools to establish, implement, and advance colorectal cancer screening interventions that are tailored for the populations they serve. Note: this session will feature much of the same content shared in a concurrent session held on Friday, Nov. 18th at the 2022 NCCRT Annual Meeting.
- Moderator: Annie Thibault, Director, Colorectal Cancer Prevention Network
- Tiffany Taylor, MBA, FACHE, Ambulatory Administrative Director, Department of Family Medicine, Charleston Area Medical Center
- Einas Batarseh, MD, MPH, Chief Resident Internal Medicine/Preventive Medicine – PGY 4, University at Buffalo, the State University of New York
- Koosh Desai, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, Curriculum Director, SWGA Campus, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta University
Registration is free and is open to NCCRT members, 80% Pledge partners, CDC grantees, ACS and ACS CAN staff, and other partners working to increase colorectal cancer screening rates. Pre-registration is required. Register here.
Upcoming NCCRT Member Events
- For Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month this year you are invited to join the Colon Cancer Coalition, NCCRT, and a broad contingency of the CRC advocacy community to go #BlueForCRC. Use the hashtag #BlueForCRC across social media throughout March as you share colorectal cancer awareness messages in every community. Download toolkits for going #BlueForCRC, access awareness resources, and share your efforts on the Colon Cancer Coalition’s website.
- Fight CRC is hosting their annual advocacy event, Call-on Congress, which will take place March 13-14, 2023, in Washington, DC. The event brings together advocates from across the country to meet with their members of Congress, share their stories and advocate for greater funding for colorectal cancer screening and research efforts. In addition, Fight CRC will again be hosting United in Blue, a flag installation on the National Mall March 12-24, 2023 designed to bring together partners from across the colorectal cancer community and beyond to raise awareness. There will be a volunteer day on March 12 to help place flags (register). And on March 13, Fight CRC will host a rally at United in Blue with partner organizations, elected officials and advocates. For more information or if you are interested in attending, contact Fight CRC’s Director of Advocacy, Molly McDonnell, at [email protected].
- Registration is open for the Western Colorectal Cancer Consortium Conference (WC4) March 6-7, 2023 in Portland, OR at the Knight Cancer Institute. This is an in-person event without a virtual option. Visit the WC4 website to register and find general conference information, including the agenda, speaker list, and guidelines for submitting a poster session abstract by January 31, 2023. WC4 is taking a number of measures to mitigate COVID-19 exposure, including requiring all attendees to attest that they are either vaccinated against COVID-19, or able to present a PCR test with negative results within 48 hours of the conference.
- Save the date for the 7th annual Southeastern Colorectal Cancer Consortium Conference June 21-23, 2023 in Norfolk, Virginia. Find additional information on the SECRC Consortium website.