CRC News: May 11, 2022
Dear NCCRT Members:
We have several exciting updates to share with you this week.
Registration is open for NCCRT’s Next Blue Star Conversation!
Join us for our next Blue Star Conversation on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, from 12:00-1:00 PM ET. The upcoming “Demystifying Colorectal Cancer Screening Quality Measures: A Conversation with NCQA’s Mary Barton” will be hosted by the Policy Action Strategic Priority Team and will feature an interview with Mary Barton, MD MPP, Vice President of Performance Measurement at the National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA).
It’s been an exciting year with many policy successes, including adding CRC screening as a Medicaid measure and the elimination of cost sharing for colonoscopies that follow abnormal non-colonoscopy tests for private health plans. Now is your chance to ask an expert about what this all means for CRC screening tracking at the health plan level.
NCCRT’s Blue Star Conversations is a series of one-hour programs that feature a brief and topical presentation or interview followed by interactive discussion and regrouping for key takeaways. Each conversation in the series is hosted by one of NCCRT’s six Strategic Priority Teams.
Registration is open to NCCRT members and CDC’s Colorectal Cancer Control Program and Comprehensive Cancer Control Program grantees.
Do you need to update your NCCRT member representatives? Or are you unsure of who is on our lists? Please email email@example.com.
We hope you will join us for the next program in this exciting new series! .
Resource Update: How Can Women’s Health Providers Save More Lives from Colorectal Cancer?
May 8-14, 2022 is National Women’s Health Week, the perfect time to review and circulate our newly updated brief on how women’s health providers can help advance the shared goal to reach colorectal cancer screening rates of 80% and higher in adults ages 45 and older.
NCCRT would like to thank the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists for supporting the development of this resource, and for their longtime commitment to advancing colorectal cancer screening as an NCCRT member.
Visit the NCCRT Resource Center to download this newly updated resource and share in your networks to equip women’s health providers with six action steps to advance 80% in Every Community. Please also keep an eye out for additional NCCRT resource updates coming soon!
New NCCN CRC Screening Guideline for Patients Now Available in 18 Languages
In December 2021, the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN®) announced the publication of new a free guide for patients and caregivers that breaks down the different ways screening can be done and explains the recommended timing according to the latest research. The guidelines are now available in 18 languages.
NCCRT Member Events
- Exact Sciences is hosting a webinar tomorrow, Thursday, May 12, 2022, with viewing options at 2:00 PM ET and 6:00 PM ET titled, The Exact Science Behind Cologuard®: Tackling Colorectal Cancer: Barriers, Behaviors, and Biology. The program will include Chief Medical Officer, Paul Limburg, MD, MPH, AGAF, and Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Durado Brooks, MD, MPH.
- Fight Colorectal Cancer and partners will be hosting an Early Age Onset (EAO) Meeting with two distinct opportunities:
- Part I: May 22, 2022 from 7:00-9:00 AM PT in San Diego, CA at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside Harborside Room. Registration is open to join either in person at Digestive Disease Week (DDW) or virtually. This meeting will be a panel discussion to explore etiology and hereditary issues within EAO disease and will focus on recent findings of EAO to explore stronger and non-duplicative science.
- Part II: June 23 from 11:00-2:00 PM ET register to join Dr. Jose Perea, Fight CRC and organizers at the Institute of Biomedical Research of Salamanca (IBSAL) Spain virtually from Spain. Continuing the work of the EAO Symposium last year, the 4th annual EAO Colorectal Cancer Symposium will be focused on defining groundbreaking approaches in EAO CRC.
- Registration is still open for the 2022 Southeastern Colorectal Cancer Consortium (SECRCC) conference to be held June 15-17, 2022, in Irving, Texas. The conference provides an opportunity for consortium members to discuss challenges and share knowledge, tools, resources, and strategic approaches to increase CRC screening rates for the southeast.
- Save the date for the 2022 NCCRT Annual Meeting November 16-18 in Baltimore, MD. We will share further details on the agenda, hotel, and registration in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, please mark your calendars!
Many thanks for the great work you do!
The NCCRT Team
Did you miss a past edition of CRC News? Visit the News & Research archive.
Do you have a colleague that would like to be added to receive our newsletter? Please encourage them to sign up to receive CRC News.