Guide to the Development of State-Level Colorectal Cancer Coalitions
This guide provides partners with a framework for the development of state-based coalitions focused on colorectal cancer control. The shared 80% colorectal cancer screening goal requires a coordinated approach from various stakeholders committed to the implementation of strategic interventions at state level. This guide highlights lessons learned from five states that have effective, well established collaborations that focus on increasing colorectal cancer screening rates.
The states highlighted were chosen in consultation with members of the Comprehensive Cancer Control National Partners. While other high performing states could have also been highlighted, these five were chosen because they offer a range of models, funding levels, and diverse approaches. States include: California, Delaware, Kentucky, Minnesota and South Carolina.
The guide is organized around ten recommended tasks that statewide collaborations can consider when seeking to develop a plan of action to advance colorectal cancer control efforts.
Executive Summary and Workbook
The companion workbook provides partners with an abbreviated, yet action-oriented, outline for the development of state-based coalitions focused on colorectal cancer control. This executive summary and workbook complements the expansive findings in the NCCRT’s Guide to the Development of State-Level Colorectal Cancer Coalitions by providing brainstorming prompts, checklists, and frameworks to best prepare you for the rewarding coalition work that awaits.
Each task worksheet linked below is formatted as an interactive PDF and available for individual download to better meet your planning needs.
1. Prioritize colorectal cancer in their state (Task 1 Worksheet)
2. Establish a structure (Task 2 Worksheet)
3. Develop a vision (Task 3 Worksheet)
4. Recruit leadership and staff (Task 4 Worksheet)
5. Build a network of partners (Task 5 Worksheet)
6. Convene partners (Task 6 Worksheet)
7. Set goals (Task 7 Worksheet)
8. Maintain momentum (Task 8 Worksheet)
9. Get creative with funding and resources (Task 9 Worksheet)
10. Hold the group accountable (Task 10 Worksheet)